Wednesday, April 6, 2011

updates


I forgot to take pictures of the garden today.   Well, technically I did remember, but it was after dark and the pictures are terrible.    

The basil plants are over there to the right....one survived the storm, the other didn't.  Happily, it seems to have been our only casualty so far.   I have no idea when I should next water these plants.  They got swamped by the rain, and still seem rather well-watered. 

In other news, I have been to Louisiana for the past two weekends and will be going back to Louisiana this weekend.  The timing has been strange, but everything has been very fun.

The first weekend, I got to see my sweet god-daughter in Shreveport.  One of my Lenten goals was to paint her a picture and take it to her - because I sent her baby brother a painting for the hospital room's door when he was born. 

(Side note:  I mentioned this hospital door sign concept to a couple of people who are not from MS or northern LA, and they had no idea what I was talking about.  Apparently, that's a local thing.)



Anyway, that goal has been reached - Eleri has a sheep for her door, over on the left.

Eamon's monkey is on the right.  His name was unknown (to me!) before the birth, so his mom filled it in. 

It was a very good visit - including a special dinner at 2Johns.  If you happen to be in the Shreveport area, check it out!  I had the blackened salmon, which was very delicious.  So many things looked good that I had a hard time choosing - next time I will get the runner-up,  snapper over goat cheese mashed potatoes. 

It was sad to leave Shreveport, but the knowledge that I would be heading to new orleans in less than a week was comforting.  more on new orleans soon - after I go back in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment