Wednesday, March 16, 2011

brand new recipe number three

tonight's dinner was from this book:

I ordered it from Amazon in anticipation of needing new recipes to try.  And it has a ton of recipes that look good.  We definitely had a hard time deciding what to try first.





We picked the turkey meatballs in red sauce.  Gates cooked while I shredded old EOBs and bills.  It was quite the evening of domesticity.  We had the sauce over whole wheat pasta. This is, by a good bit, my favorite of the recipes we have tried this Lent.  It did take an eternity - mainly because the meatballs have to set up for at least an hour, but the product was worth it. 





Anyway, if you are thinking about ordering this book, do it!  I was not expecting the lengthy explanations as to why the recipe has certain ingredients rather than others, but it does make you appreciate the concept of the test kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. This really was astoundingly good. I think as we get better in the kitchen and plan ahead more, the cook time will decrease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not in a book, but if y'all like Enchiladas, I have an amazing recipe given to me by a good friend of mine who learned from her Guatemalan mother. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete